Asparagus Chorizo and Haloumi skewers with herb oil
2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
1 chorizo sausage
12 large semi-dried tomatoes, drained, halved lengthwise
12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins
¼ cup Woolworths Select Parsley, for herb oil
¼ cup Woolworths Select Mint, for herb oil
2 tbs chopped chives, for herb oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard, for herb oil
1 tbs apple cider vinegar, for herb oil
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, for herb oil
1. To make herb oil, blend all ingredients in a small food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
2. Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 30 seconds or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
3. Cut haloumi into 5cm lengths, roughly the same thickness as the asparagus (about 1.5cm).
4. Cut chorizo into pieces similar to the haloumi.
5. Carefully thread 2 pieces of asparagus, chorizo, haloumi and tomato alternately onto each skewer. Brush with herb oil.
6. Preheat a chargrill or barbecue. Cook skewers for 1-2 minutes each side. Serve warm drizzled with more herb oil.
Trimmed ends from asparagus can be added when making vegetable stock, or blitzed until finely chopped and used as a base for pesto.