it’s always best to cook Louisiana-style blackened fish outdoors to avoid filling the house with smoke.
PREPARATION TIME -10 MIN
COOKING TIME - 5 MIN
SERVINGS - 4
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) medium or large scallops
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- On a large plate, combine the paprika, garlic powder, sugar, celery salt, oregano and cayenne pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the scallops with the melted butter. Coat the scallops with the spice mixture.
- In the hot skillet, blacken the scallops for about 1 minute on each side, or until the desired doneness.